PRIMAL THERAPY - THE LEGACY is organized in two parts: Theoretical, and Clinical.
- The Theoretical Aspect is part psychology and part neurology and includes an up-to-date survey of all current research in those fields. Subjects as diverse as," What is Pain? " to" The Evolution of the Brain and Feelings", are included. Here we find what feelings are, where they are located in the brain, how repression holds them in check, how they are released and integrated etc.
- Clinical Reviews are videotaped therapy sessions reviewed and discussed on a clinical level with our trainees. Every clinical review is backed up by the theory, which provides a frame of reference for its scientific aspects. At the Primal Center, both Drs. Arthur and France Janov supervise and control the therapy. This is particularly true of the first few weeks of intensive therapy because it involves a diagnostic process where guidelines are set down for the future of the patient's therapy. To insure the best possible treatment, the tapes of the sessions are routinely supervised as we constantly incorporate new refinements in techniques and understanding of the therapy.
Here are a sample of the titles:
The Legacy Program includes 3 years of clinical therapy review, shot during the training at the Primal Center. In this program every therapeutic intervention was discussed, and grounded into theory.
- Evolution of the Brain
- What is Love?
- How Medication Works
- The Meaning & Importance of Integration
- A Unified Theory of Neuropsychology
- Axioms of Primal Therapy
- Healing through Feeling
- Dialectics of Response
- Triggering the imprint
- Review of attachment theory
- Signs of overload
- Neurological Tragectory of Feelings
- Womblife and Serotonin
- The role of touch in therapy
- Lifelong effects of birth
- Pseudo feelings
- The role of pain in survival
- The Dynamics of Consciousness
- The Dynamics of Neurosis
The Legacy Program also includes a few years of clinical therapy review, where every therapeutic intervention is discussed, and grounded into theory.
The curriculum will include an important number of pure clinical tape reviews. These will all be identified by Keywords like "Overload‚" "Abreaction," "Melange,""Dialectic," "The 3 lines of consciousness," etc, according to what each session presented.
The Legacy Program will include both videos and texts of every night of training and will be cross referencing each topic with the Keywords.
THE LEGACY PROGRAM WILL ENCOMPASS THE ACCUMULATED KNOWLEDGE OVER THE YEARS OF THE SCIENCE AND ART OF PRIMAL THERAPY.
IT WILL INCLUDE THE NEWEST RESEARCH IN NEUROLOGY AND BIOLOGY PLUS ALL THE STATE -OF -THE - ART PRIMAL TECHNIQUES AND ALL CLINICAL KNOWLEDGE ACCUMULATED OVER THE YEARS THROUGH RESEARCH AND PRACTICE OF PRIMAL THERAPY AT THE DR JANOV'S PRIMAL CENTER.
WHAT WE HOPE TO DEMONSTRATE IS THAT THE PRIMAL APPROACH IS THE FIRST SCIENCE OF PSYCHOTHERAPY, GENERATING SCIENTIFIC HYPOTHESIS THAT CAN BE TESTED AND QUANTIFIED. THIS KNOWLEDGE WAS PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED TO OUR INTERNS AND TRAINEES IN THE LAST FEW YEARS OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM.
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THIS TRAINING PROGRAM WILL RESUME IN THE FALL. PLEASE LET US KNOW SOON IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
THE FULL LEGACY PROGRAM WILL BE AVAILABLE IN 2013.